Sunday, July 7, 2013

Gentle Spirit Mixed Media Wall Painting

GENTLE SPIRIT

MIXED MEDIA WALL HANGING

Gentle Spirit

When I finished the first in a new series of moss type women painted with the Renaissance Oil method and embellished with moss and ferns, I knew I was on to something. My good customer and friend, Mystic Crone, purchased her right off the bat.

I decided to create smaller ones that would fit into a niche or altar and I am pleased with the results. Here I present Gentle Spirit. Notice that her ears are pointed. Could she be a fairy or possibly a garden nymph? It is for you to decide.

Close-up

GENTLE SPIRIT

The seed pod opened-a woman child emerged. She was not yet complete…still in the process of becoming finished. She was innocent, having the quality of one who has not yet been injured by life. No soul searching, no vision quest, she was just content to be here and to be a living part of the great mother earth.

~Cheryl Dolby~

View of Frame

Gentle Spirit is 6” wide x 13” high and I have priced her at $68.00. You can contact me by e-mail or shop at Etsy. Thanks so much.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

  1. Cheryl,
    she is georgous! I mean GEORGOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just what Diane Jones said!!! and more Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just beautiful Cheryl. Hope your weekend went great. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the words that accompany this painting Cheryl. She has such a soft fragile look to her,
    just wonderful to look at. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.