Monday, July 22, 2013

EGYPTIAN BURNING BOWL-KARTEK

EGYPTIAN BURNING BOWL

GODDESS KARTEK

Full View

While checking on Egyptian Goddess names onine, I found that Kartek means “Spark Holder.” I couldn’t think of any name more appropriate for one of my Burning Bowls. As many of my regular readers know, I create Burning bowls fashioned after the large burning bowl that Unity Church uses every New Year’s Eve for their Burning Bowl Ceremony. The idea is that if you write your troubles, bad habits, worries etc. down on a piece of paper and burn them, they will leave your mind and therefore disappear.

Close-Up

In designing my own burning bowls, I knew I wanted to personalize them and make small enough to burn incense, sage leaves or a small votive candle when not in use for an actual burning ceremony. I decided that a female Goddess was in order. Kartek is approx 10” high x 5” wide x 6” deep and I have priced her at $68.00 I used stained glass, which I fired in my kiln, for her base. I’m sure anyone receiving her as a gift will be delighted, if you can bear to part with her.

Back View

You can see more views of Kartek on Etsy and purchase from there or e-mail me for more questions and to purchase. Thanks so much for viewing.

Side View

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. Gypsy Trish
    WOW!!! She is ceremonial! I can see the strength in her to be the one to be the carrier this burning bowl. You have gone & done it again. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl. Spark Holder is stunning. This is one of your best pieces.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow she has a very strong and full of character face, love this, hugs Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kartek is awesome Cheryl. I'm almost tempted to add her to my collection of burning bowls.. Wonderful work.
    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! A magical burning bowl that can fade away all my stress and worries in life, I wish I could have that too.

    This is another showcase of your rare and unique talent. You also brought us some useful historical knowledge here and gave me my dose of inspiration.

    Thank you Cheryl! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kartek...just perfect.
    She is amazing in every way.
    I love the asymmetric earrings,
    her headpiece (halo)
    the stained glass that looks like
    heavenly water.
    The yin and the yang=perfection.
    ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feminine and spiritual and beautiful, Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.