Sunday, April 23, 2017

OUTLAW BROCCOLI SALAD

OUTLAW BROCCOLI SALAD

Outlaw Broccoli Salad

My mother-in-law, Muriel, was a classy lady who belonged to about 30 ‘clubs.’ She was a gourmet cook and always enjoyed cooking for her family and many others. The ‘others’ often included my own family. Whenever she would entertain any of us, or any of her other children’s inlaws, she would call the party an “outlaw’ dinner party. I always thought it was clever and now I follow suit with my own ‘outlaw’ entertaining and recipes. This particular recipe comes from my daughter’s mother in law, Jeanie. That would make her my outlaw. She is by no means dangerous but she is a good cook and when I asked her for her broccoli salad recipe, she gladly sent it to me.

Recipe:

6 cups fresh broccoli florets

1/3 cup red onion diced

2 cups seedless red grapes, halved

1 cup mayonnaise

1/3 cup sugar

1 Tbs. Apple cider vinegar

8 slices of bacon

1/2 cup sliced almonds

Mix crispy bacon pieces, broccoli, red onion and grapes. Whisk mayo, sugar and vinegar. Pour dressing over broccoli and mix. Mix in sliced almonds.

It is easy to prepare and doesn’t take much time at all. I cut the recipe in half and still had a very large amount. It is crunchy and has that tang of sweet and sour to it which makes it so luscious. Summer is coming..give it a try. I think you will love it. I might even add some fresh strawberries to it next time too. Thank you Jeanie!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.