• 4 medium zucchini, thinly sliced into rounds
• 3 small eggplants, thinly sliced into rounds
• 6 or 7 medium sized tomatoes, quartered or sliced into rounds depending on size (or alternatively 1 basket cherry or grape-sized tomatoes, halved)
• 4 large fresh thyme sprigs
• 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 cup / 240ml (or more) extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 C).
2. Arrange the zucchini, eggplant and tomatoes on a large rimmed baking sheet. Scatter the leaves from 2 thyme sprigs and garlic cloves over. Drizzle with some of the olive oil, then sprinkle with coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Roast for about 45 minutes or until tender, turning the vegetables over occasionally; until they shrink slightly but are still plump and moist.
4. Layer the hot vegetables, peeled roasted garlic cloves and remaining fresh sprigs of thyme, into into sterilized jars, filling them to the very top. (You can use one large jar or a few smaller ones.)
5. Cover the vegetables completely with the rest of the extra virgin olive oil and put the lids on tightly.
6. Put the jars aside until they’re cool.
7. Refrigerate at least 48 hours to allow the flavors to develop. Bring to room temperature before using.
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s