Thursday, September 24, 2015

STILTON CHEESE SOUP

STILTON CHEESE SOUP

Finished Soup. Irrestible.

As the summer wanes and autumn peeks it's head around the corner, a lot of us seem to be in the mood for soups. I think you will find this rich celery and cheese based soup will hit the spot. It is not difficult except for the chopping, which is never my favorite thing to do. One spoonful and you will be glad you made the effort!

Sofritto, Which Consists of Celery, Onion and Carrot. You Will Notice I Used Goggles and I Did Not Chop Evenly Because I Hate to Chop! Also, Take Note of My Magic Garlic Sprinkles.

Recipe:

2 T butter
1 onion, finely chopped
4 large stalks celery, peeled and finely chopped
2 large carrot, finely chopped
4 C. chicken broth
4 sprigs thyme
2 bay leaves
1/2 C heavy cream
6 oz. Stilton Cheese, crumbled
nutmeg, salt and pepper
Garlic Queen's magic sprinkles(if you have any but optional) (sprinkle to taste when finished.)
This might make 6 servings and I usually double recipe.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. Looks like the perfect soup for these cool days ahead. Thanks for posting <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is STILT ON summer heat here. But when the coolness comes, I'm in baby! Sounds SCRUMPTIOUS, THANK YOU XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUMMMMMMMMM !!! Is there any left ??
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be making this tonight :)
    Thanks for sharing...I hate to chop too but in the long run it is delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gods... this sounds awesome. I love a good Stilton, and this seems a nice soup for the season here in New England. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.