Tuesday, October 28, 2014

MY CHARLIE

MY CHARLIE

Charlie

I am dedicating this post to my dear Charlie. After the 30 years he and I battled schizophrenia, we finally lost to that devastating disease. I say he and I because I was with him every step of the way as was his entire loving family. Charlie never wanted fame and fortune, all he wanted was a chance to be like everyone else and lead a normal life. All who remember him say he was the most selfless person they ever met. He laughed all the time and bestowed little gifts to those he loved. He never refused anyone anything asked of him and he was big on thanking everyone for any kind thing they did for him. Charlie was an innocent and touched the heart of all who met him.

Charlie on recent kayake outing

A crater scooped out a hole in my heart since the day he left us. I can only hope that it will one day fill again with love. I have been cocooned in the womb of my home, Woodloft, since October 5th. I know that I will once again leave here to enter the world of people and life as it goes on for I have others to live for. If you see me out, know that I am hurting but that I am a survivor and will go on, one step in front of the other. I have hopes that one day soon the creative juices needed to create artwork will return. The art may be different for awhile because Charlie was my best art critic and I will be missing his sweet advice as I sculpt and paint. Thank you all for reading this sad post. I wanted you to know.

Much love,

Cheryl

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 comments:

  1. My Dearest Cheryl, Thank you for sharing your beautiful words of dedication to Charlie. I had the honor to share in his laughter a few times. He always had a smile and a kind word for me. He will truly be missed. I'll be home on the 6th and only a phone call away, if you need me. Love you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I am so sorry, I understand completely, I send all the positive healing energy I can, such a beautiful tribute to a handsome man,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Cheryl, I'm so deeply saddened to hear that you've lost your beloved Charlie. This is such a wonderful and eloquent tribute to his memory. Please know I am thinking of you and sending you and your family many positive thoughts and blessings at this sad time. Julesx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss Cheryl. Please know that I am thinking of you. Rest in peace Charlie. ::hugs to you Cheryl::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness how sad this is. I know by reading your book how much you bothe have suffered so many years. He is in peace now...... Take good care and you are in my thoughts!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry for your lost. Take good care of yourself and honor your journey of all that has been, is and will be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful tribute post to Charlie. I can only begin to imagine what you are going through but take all the time you need. Healing from such a tragedy can be a long journey but know you have friends who care. Sending you lots of healing, loving energy. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl, I love hearing these words from your heart. Perhaps this may be the best way for you to heal...to write another book, to blog and to journal. We all become one when we share of ourselves with others. You have certainly shared so many good times with so many of us... and are such a generous person in every single facet of your life. Charlie had a gem for a mother and I know he was great because I know his mama. Continue to use your writing as a catharsis. Do not hold it inside. I know you will not because that is one of your hallmarks, you stay open to the goodness in this world and it inspires you to love and create. You created a masterpiece in Charlie. Now, he is dancing all around the stars. He loves you and so do all of us, my friend. Love, Tom and Dian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such wonderful words and sentiment to such a deserving soul ;)

      Delete
  9. My deepest sympathy on your loss.May you find peace...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh so much love and strong healing thooughts for you, Cheryl. the hardest ever. I wish we could go back to the time when mourners wore black arm bands, while out in public. "i am in pain, i'll be back sooner or later, give me time". continue, please, to nurture your beautiful spirit. after some hurdles when i lost one of my sisters last year, i was able to creatte in different and meaningful ways, that still fill me with her presence. i was stronger after each piece/peace. so much love to you as you find your way. oxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cheryl the healing will come in time and each of us must do that time for ourselves. I offer my deepest loving energy to help you on the journey back.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Cheryl, I am so very sad for you and all who knew and loved your Charlie. My heart aches for you---I'm sending quilted hugs of love and healing light to wrap you in, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cheryl, I don't have the words to express my sorrow for your broken heart and great loss. Know that you are on my mind, in my hearts and in my whisperings to the All That Is.Much love to you, friend. Lisa Plummer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cheryl, my heart touches you. Too many mothers have to feel this pain and it doesn't seem fair. I invite you to my blanket cave whenever you need to be there. Much love and understanding. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Cheryl, i wonder how are you after this enormous lost . I hope you have friends to hug you and to acre for you. Baukje xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so very, very sorry, Cheryl. What a tremendous loss you're enduring. I've missed you as I've walked my own difficult path this year. May peace and healing come to us both. Much love to you...

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.