Tuesday, August 26, 2014

CREAM PUFF CAKE

CREAM PUFF CAKE!

Eclair Cake

It's recipe time again. Found another one I had to share. I had a little swimming party last Saturday night and my friend, Anna, brought a delicious, unusual cake. It looks and tastes like a delectable cream puff. Honest. I am not sure where she got the recipe but we all loved it and I thought you might like it too. The name of it is 'Eclair Cake' but I renamed it because to me, it tastes exactly like a cream puff. After all, a cream puff by any other name is still a cream puff. LOL. It is every bit as good if not better after being refrigerated. Enjoy!

Here is what Anna said about it:

“The eclair cake is from the Atchafalaya Legacy cookbook a friend from New Orleans gave me. I'm almost embarrassed to give you the recipe. You won't BELIEVE how easy it is to make!!!! It will totally ruin my reputation. But here goes.

Ingredients:

1 box graham crackers in squares
2 small boxes vanilla instant pudding mix
3 cups milk (I used Homestead creamery regular)
1 (8 oz) Cool whip
1 can chocolate frosting (I used Duncan Hines dark chocolate fudge)
Method:

Do not grease pan. I used a 9x13" pan for this. Mix together the pudding, milk and Cool Whip. Layer a pan with graham cracker squares. Layer of pudding mixture. Another layer of graham crackers and another layer of pudding mix. Top with another layer of graham crackers. Put chocolate frosting in the microwave to soften (30 sec then another 30 sec worked for me) Pour over the top of the layer of graham crackers. Refrigerate at least 1 hour. Enjoy!!!!

This is so easy, you can make any time you need an easy dessert. Just be sure to leave enough time to chill in the frig.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. If this is what we had the other night...OMG, is it yummy. Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, DB Jones I agree with you ! YUMMY !! Anna thank you for giving the Healing Woman this recipe. Thanks to the Healing Woman for sharing the recipe with the world ! This recipe sounds so easy, even I am going to attempt making it.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cheryl. Hope you are doing good. Your swimming party sounds like it was fun. Thanks for sharing this recipe, I will definitely try it. Have a great day.:))

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so good. I've always loved cream puffs and now that baking season is almost here, I plan to save this recipe. Thanks.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl, I'm curious as to how you made your picture link. I'm thinking of adding one to my blog but don't know how to add the hyperlink. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG that just looks and sounds so good. I have lost 10 lobs in the last month and that would be the treat for me if was going to indulge. LOL
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is suppose to be 10 lbs not 10 lob... LOL
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.