Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ENCHANTED GREENHOUSE CYNDY'S GREENERY

ENCHANTED GREENHOUSE

CINDY’S GREENERY

Cindy's Greenery

Planting season has finally arrived in Roanoke. Although it was beautiful, I am very glad to get the snow scenes behind me and feast my eyes on the beauties of the plant world. Naturally, the first place I headed was to Cindy’s Greenery.

I must tell you, what you will see pictured below is not scenes from a typical greenhouse. Cindy has created a haven, so enchanting that most find it difficult to leave.

Lovely entry entices you to come inside

There are green arches everywhere. If you double click on the pictures you will feel as though you are actually taking this tour in person.

The first arch I encountered as I walked in is a large philodendron.

I am not sure the name of this plant but it lures you to pass under and on to the next secluded area.

There are unusual plants everywhere.

This Jasmine frames yet another area. Last week it apparently was in bloom and the aroma and beauty were breathtaking.

Another Jasmine

Bougainvillea and other exotic plants

Another secret garden area

Look at the rich looking ivys

Koi pond

I must remember to ask Cindy how old this bonsai is. Being a sculptor, I can definitely see a woman's body as the shape of the tree.

Cindy called me to a back corner where I came upon a cymbidium orchid. Years ago, when I was working in stained glass, a customer who had an orchid collection, asked me to reproduce in glass a cymbidium. I must say, it was difficult to do and I had never heard of one at that time. Now, I just love them. This particular one is probably the most beautiful I’ve ever seen.

Cymbidium orchid in full bloom

Now on to the herbs. Look at that parsley!

Herb table

Herbs are my very favorite plants. Can you guess where that huge cluster of parsley went? Well..right on top of the head of one of my planters. I have named this one, Mrs. Parsley. Every year I indulge myself with one of these bountiful herbs pots and enjoy Mrs. Parsley's bounty all summer.

Mrs. Parsley
Hope you liked the tour!


Cindy’s Greenery is located at 3771 Peters Creek Rd. in Roanoke, Va. Her phone number is 774-1856 for those of you who live in Roanoke or our area. If you are ever coming through this part of Virginia, it would be worth a stop to enjoy the ambiance of this special place!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place, and thank you for the pictorial visit. I, too, can see the woman's shape in the tree... so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of your sculpted planters there, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even knew of this place...I know where I'll be going this weekend...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most delightful looking nursery! Thank you so much Cheryl for taking us on a tour! I LOVE parsley and LOVE your Mrs. Parsley! (although I think she would soon lose her "hair" if she 'lived' with me LOL)

    Hugs,

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Planting season isn't as far along here in Ontario Canada. Thanks for the lovely tour. It's a wonderful reminder of what we have to look forward to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful post. It was so calming! The plants are food for the soul!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Cindy" is definitely an artist. How I wish I could see that magnificent bonsai for myself. Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful shop, I know you feel inspired every time you visit, and Mrs. Parsley is wonderful- is it hard to trim her hair? It's so lovely, I'm not sure I'd be able to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Talk about beautiful, I love this place! Thanks for sharing.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. A trip to Cindy's is a spiritual experience. I love it there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This place beyond magical. It is simply gorgeous. I so enjoyed this post and all the beautiful photos you took. I also love herbs. Mrs. Parsley will be the focal point of your garden, I'm sure. Stunning in your handmade pot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's still too early to plant here in NJ, so I thoroughly enjoyed the nursery tour. OMG, Cheryl! What in the world does she use for fertilizer?!? Her ivy's were unreal, and I've never seen a cymbidium so so many blooms. Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trish says: oh, boy, looking at all these great plants has inspired me to get my garden going. And today is the day for that. We have a couple of guys coming to the house to work on the yard, dig holes & plant plants. Now, because of you, Cheryl, I am ready!! Thank you again for your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a very nice place. Wish I was more into the garden thing.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I would so love this place! We have some similar shops here in Marin County . I love the earthiness of this place and I find it inspirational- gardening is so creative- yet another outlet to express the goddess. Thank you for your lovely comments on my work and yes, I often do print my digital collages onto fabric and a quilt would be a great idea! Thanks for sharing your wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the garden tour is was so delightful. Our spring hasn't really started but hopefully soon.
    I do believe the second arch is a wisteria. I have one but bare branches at the moment. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cheryl oh I just adore Ms.Parsley,love her !!!
    Thanks for sharing,the green arches are just fabulous.This was an awesome garden tour, truly loved it.Wow !!
    Thank you.Hugs, Laura. xoxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want her to move the shop over here!
    Fabu-lous! And Mrs Parsley is terrific!x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an enchanting place! I used to live near Peters Creek Road (decades ago). I don't think it was there then.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for the comment and becoming a follower of garboodles. So nice to meet you. I enjoyed this post...very lovely...I am way to far south to visit...but if ever in that area. I would surely visit....thanks again for your support. Mica from Garboodles

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well Mrs Parsley rocks!!! I love her - you clever clogs you! And yet, where is Mr Parsley? Did they divorce or did he tak a liking to Miss Sage?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for sharing these fabulous photos. This is my kind of place!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, what a gorgeous place. The plants sure love her, they are all huge!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh what a delightful greenhouse - the scent of jasmine is my f a v o r i t e - I love what you did with Mrs. Parsley - perfect.
    It must be difficult to not want to duplicate her 'nest' in your own garden - oh what I wouldn't do to have a green ivy arbor.
    Thanks for this beautiful post - and for reminding me to view the photos large. Happy gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well you could spend all day at this wonderful place, lucky you having it close by x

    ReplyDelete
  26. A ρerson еsѕentiallу lend a
    hand to make signifiсantly posts I wоulԁ state.
    That is the first time I frequented your ωеbsite page and up to now?
    I amazed with the research you madе to creatе this actual submit amazing.
    Magnifiсent process!

    my site; gardening tips

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.