Saturday, April 17, 2010

ENCAUSTIC WAX COLLAGE-BLOOMING SPIRIT

ENCAUSTIC WAX COLLAGE

“BLOOMING SPIRIT”

"Blooming Spirit"

SOLD-Thank you Dawn!

This is the third in my encaustic wax collage series. I must say, I think I have finally honed in on the style I want to use in this series. I created “Blooming Spirit” by using some of the flowers from my garden that I had dried a few years ago. I used mostly roses, baby’s breath and some odds and ends. I painted the face with oils and used several different gels and glazes, some acrylics too. I then placed encaustic wax over the flowers to preserve and added gold highlights. She is 11"w x 22" h.

Close-up detail

Here is the story I have given her, taken from my book , She Who Whispers.

“Blooming Spirit”

Her home was far away and she longed for the roots that had for so long held her life together; friends, family and familiar surroundings. Time passed as she quietly endured her sorrow. Finally, she rejoiced, for her soul, who knew far more than she, revealed a great truth: “Change is growth, you must bloom where you are planted.”
~Cheryl Dolby~

Another close-up

I have just placed her on Etsy for you to view there. She can be purchased on etsy or you can contact me directly through my e-mail. I take all credit cards, including, MC, Visa, AExpress and Discover. I also accept checks.

Hope you like her.

View from the bottom
.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. I think it is so cool that you incorporated flowers from your garden! I've never seen encaustic wax..

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful as is her story. I could spen an hour here just viewing your work..so much inspiration!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and texture. Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome piece, Cheryl! The texture and colors are stunning. Hugs, Terri xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous piece of art, your painting is beautiful and it's so lovely using flowers from your own garden too. The wax looks like it gives it another dimension, so textural.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find it so hard to believe you are using encaustic wax, it's fabulous! You could certainly teach people over here, all the stuff I've seenin the UK is drab landscapes...x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know that process but each one you do is more beautiful than the last. I love that you used your own garden flowers. She's just beautiful Cheryl. The poem, again...just makes her more wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your encaustic wax technique really sets this piece off. The detail views are stunning and the finished piece is simply amazing. I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, she is simply amazing, how gorgeous.
    debby

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is SO beautiful, I love the style you're using for your collages- it's wonderful! And the fact that you incorporated bits from your garden; what an intriguing idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This made my heart skip a beat, truly beautiful Cheryl, and as for her story, well that just adds to this truly, truly wonderful piece....x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wahooooooooooooo she is coming to live with me, can't wait for her to get here!!!! She is so special as I said before Cheryl, I am one happy lady xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. PARABÉS E SUCESSO COM SUA ARTE BELO

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yesterԁay, ωhile I ωas аt ωοrk,
    my cοusin stole my iphone anԁ tested to ѕeе if it can
    surѵive a 30 foot drοp, just ѕo she сan bе a youtubе sensatіon.
    My iPad іs noω broken аnd she has 83 vіeωs.
    I knoω thiѕ is еntirely off topic but I haԁ to share it wіth ѕοmeοne!


    Hеre is my blog: vipshoppingalert.com

    ReplyDelete

If convenient, please leave a comment. I read every one and thoroughly enjoy hearing your thoughts.